Do you want to keep that golden glow all year long? Do you want to tan in the absolute best equipment at the best prices? Do you enjoy the convenience of automatic, hassle-free payments? Do you want exclusive discounts and offers, available only to our VIP clients? If you answered YES to any of these, then a South Beach VIP Membership is right for you.
Our VIP Memberships are the most cost-effective payment option we offer. Even those clients who only tan once or twice per week save significantly by becoming a VIP Member over any other package option we offer. VIP Memberships also come with a host of other perks. VIP members enjoy year round discounts on lotion products as well as discounts on upgrades to higher level equipment. VIP Members also get regular discounts and coupons not offered to anyone else.
Absolutely. All of our salons are linked together on one network so your VIP membership will show up at any location. Tanning at South Beach Tanning Company is all about convenience so feel free to enjoy any of our services at any of our locations.
Changing your billing information is simple. Just stop into any of our locations and a tanning expert of our South Beach Team will provide you with a Membership Modification Form. With this form, you can upgrade or downgrade your membership, freeze or unfreeze, or simply change your credit card information. For your protection, changes to your billing information cannot be made over the phone.
Whether you are leaving town for a few months or just need a break from tanning, freezing your account is easy. Simply stop into any of our locations and speak to a tanning expert of our South Beach Team about freezing your account. Accounts can be frozen in one month increments up to 3 months. While your account is frozen, you will be charged a small monthly fee. When you reactivate your account, all prior freeze fees will be added back to your account to use towards upgrades.
- If you have been unsatisfied with your membership or our services for any reason, please give us the opportunity to make things right. Please speak with a tanning expert of our South Beach Management team or call our corporate office. We can’t fix it if we don’t know it is broken, so we certainly welcome any and all feedback, both the good and the bad.
- Cancelling your membership is an easy process! Simply stop in any South Beach location and fill out a Membership Cancellation Form. You will be given a receipt showing when you cancelled, your last monthly payment, and the last day you can tan. Please remember to provide a 30-day notice from the billing date to cancel your membership.
- Rather than cancelling, many of our clients choose to freeze their accounts. When you freeze your account, there is no enrollment fee to pay when you decide it’s time to start tanning again. A small monthly fee will continue to be applied to your account. When you reactivate your membership, all prior freeze fees will be added back to your account to use towards upgrades.
For your protection, as well as ours, changes to memberships cannot be made via the phone. The only way to give you a receipt showing your cancellation is to simply have you drop into any location and fill out a cancellation request form.
- Absolutely! It’s as easy as a click of a button. Our ‘Join Now’ button can be located at the top right corner of our website.
- Click the “Join Now’ button to select your membership, enter in your payment information, and checkout to become a SOBE VIP.
Of course! Memberships can decline for many reasons. When these situations occur, South Beach Tanning Company will send you an email notifying you of your balance. There will be a link within the email for you to follow to pay the balance along with updating your payment information.
- The most important reason for using a tanning lotion is that it replaces the depleted moisture that your skin loses during the tanning process. Dry skin reflects UV light, so if you are not using an indoor tanning lotion, you can waste up to 60% of your tanning session.
- Think of it this way, dry skin is what color? It is white. What does the color white do to light? It reflects it. If you have fairer skin, you will reflect a certain percentage of UV light. Just by applying lotion, you will increase your tanning potential by 60%.
- Tanning “dry” (without lotion) will not do anything to increase your tanning results and will result in dehydrated skin. Dehydrated skin will result in your skin exfoliating 20% faster. Dehydrated skin will also act as barrier and reflect UV light resulting is less UV absorption.
- Try this! Put lotion on one arm. After about 2 minutes, put both arms together and see which one is darker. The arm that you put the lotion on will always be darker. Darker, moisturized skin will absorb UV light better than ashy, dry skin.
- Tanning, whether indoors or outdoors, can be very drying to the skin. If you're not using lotion, chances are your skin is getting too dry and dehydrated to maximize your tanning potential.
All of our high-end indoor tanning lotions contain ingredients that are called biosaccharides. Biosaccharides are antibacterial ingredients designed to help diminish the after-tan smell that can occur when you are done tanning. When you use one of our high-end lotions, you will smell like the tanning lotion and not the after-tan smell. Keep in mind, outdoor tanning lotion as well as cheap drugstore lotion do not contain biosaccarides.
- Using lotions that contain a bronzer is a way to get better results from your tanning experience and to greatly increase the length of your tan.
- There are three main types of bronzers. Each gives a slightly different result. Below is a brief description of all three bronzers we offer.
- Natural Bronzers: Natural bronzers are made from naturally derived ingredients. “If it grows in the ground and turns your skin brown” it is considered a natural bronzer. These bronzers will help tan the skin more naturally without the use of self-tanning agents. These bronzers will not stain or streak the skin.
- Cosmetic Bronzers: Cosmetic bronzers are brown in color. They help you to apply the lotion more evenly and will give you immediate results. They allow you to achieve a dark brown color directly after tanning.
- DHA Bronzers: DHA bronzers are known as self-tanners. These bronzers work by reacting with certain proteins on the surface layer of the skin. DHA bronzing tanning lotions will gradually develop color over a few hours and can help extend your tan to seven to ten days.
- Tingle is an ingredient added to lotion, usually niacin or Vitamin B, which can help clients achieve quicker and darker results than if they just used a regular lotion. The ingredients in a tingle lotion increase the microcirculation and oxidation of blood in the surface layers of the skin. Blood also carries melanin to the surface of the skin. Since your skin needs oxygen to tan and the activation of melanin is what is needed to maximize that tan, the more melanin at the surface of the skin, the darker you will get.
- Since niacin causes a slight flushing effect at the surface layer of the skin, you can get a slight to moderate “tingle” or warming sensation. This feeling is completely harmless and will start to dissipate soon after your session is over. If the sensation continues or becomes annoying, you can take a shower and it will take it away immediately.
Absolutely! South Beach Tanning Company carries several products that are pure accelerators. Pure accelerators are formulated with amino acids, melanin peptides, and high-end skincare ingredients. Accelerators help super hydrate your skin and boost melanin production. Pure accelerators will help your skin to absorb increased amounts of UV light and tan you the most naturally. These lotions will help you get the most out of the tanning session you just purchased!
- Keep your skin healthy! How do you do that? Keep it moisturized – constantly. Using a high-end lotion that is specifically formulated with hydrating and skin-repairing ingredients is essential for proper skin care and to help achieve a healthier-looking, longer lasting tan.
- Our Professional Tan Extending Moisturizers should be applied after each shower, after tanning, and any time during the day you feel your skin is dry. By simply keeping your skin moisturized you can nearly double the length of your tan and keep your skin looking younger for years to come.
- South Beach Tanning Company carries a full line of inexpensive, high quality skin moisturizers, specifically engineered for the indoor tanner. These moisturizers will be free of alcohol and mineral oil unlike the drugstore bought lotions.
Absolutely! While South Beach Tanning Company carries one of the largest selections of lotions in the industry, it is nearly impossible to carry all of them. Just ask any member of our South Beach Staff and they will gladly place a special order for the exact lotion you want.
Keep in mind, all our lotions are specially formulated and engineered specifically for the indoor tanning industry by companies that spend millions of dollars annually on research. All our product lines contain high end ingredients that include active vitamins, minerals and nutrients to keep the skin as healthy and moisturized as possible, thus maximizing your tanning potential. Cheap, store brands do not contain these ingredients. In fact, many “drugstore” lotions actually contain alcohol and mineral oil in them, which will dry the skin, strip your tan, and hinder the tanning process.
- As with any product you buy online, the only advice we can give is caveat emptor, let the buyer beware!! There is not one single company in the entire United States that is licensed to sell any of the products and lotion lines we carry anywhere other than in a tanning salon.
- Many products online are actually counterfeits. Yes, just like fake watches and designer handbags, they actually counterfeit tanning lotion now. Others are coming from individuals that are buying them in a salon, using the product, and filling the bottle back up with some cheap store bought lotion and selling them online.
- Other products online have been reported to be contaminated. If you cannot guarantee what the product is or where it is coming from, you should not put it on your body.
- Others have reported paying for the product, and never actually receiving it. Since high end lotions have active ingredients such as the biosaccarides and vitamins and minerals, they do have an expiration date. There have been reports that many lotions showing up on the internet are expired products, which can result in a foul odor and lack of effectiveness.
- All products purchased in our salons are authentic and guaranteed.
No! All of our South Beach Tanning Company locations are very large, often 2 or 3 times the size of your ordinary salon. Each level of tanning contains multiple tanning units so no appointment is ever necessary. In fact, since we don’t take appointments we are able to get clients into their rooms much quicker, so wait time in rarely as issue.
- Your eyes are very sensitive to UV light. Since your eyelids are the thinnest skin on your body, the UV light can penetrate through the skin to the surface of your eyes. The FDA requires that all tanners wear FDA approved eyewear when tanning indoors. Placing a towel over your face or sunglasses are not enough protection and are not permitted.
- We at South Beach Tanning Company carry a complete line of both standard and custom eye protection.
The most important reason for using a tanning lotion is that it replaces the depleted moisture that you lose during the tanning process. Dry skin reflects UV light, so if you are not using an indoor tanning lotion, you can be wasting up to 60% of your tanning session.
Each of our tanning units are in their own private room, where you can choose to wear, or not wear, whatever you feel most comfortable in.
- This depends on your skin type. Any tanning expert of our trained South Beach Team will go over your skin type with you and determine the best amount of time you should start off with.
- The ‘Golden Rule’ of smart tanning is to never overexpose! Start low and work your way up!
- Our tanning experts will start gradually increasing your exposure time until you reach the maximum time for that particular unit.
You will see some color after your first session. After about 3 or 4 sessions, you will see you are on your way to building your base tan.
Once you have achieved your desired tan maintaining it becomes relatively easy. Depending on the equipment you choose to use will vary the frequency you need to tan in order to maintain your new tan. In our Silver equipment we generally recommend 2 to 3 times per week. In our Gold equipment it drops down to 1 or 2 visits a week. If high pressure is your thing, 2 or 3 times a month is all that is needed to maintain your golden-brown tan.
- There is considerable research going on in the research of the benefits of UV exposure. It is a known fact that UV light is the main source of vitamin D for humans. Vitamin D is necessary for good health, bone formation and repair, and for the absorption of calcium in the body.
- There are also numerous other reasons, both physical and psychological, why exposure to ultraviolet light may be desirable.
As with anything you do, moderation is the key to ensuring a tan without burning. Any member of our Smart Tan certified team will evaluate your skin type upon your first visit. Based on your skin appearance and answers to a few simple questions, our team will provide you with the best exposure time to get you started. As you continue to tan, you will be able to slowly increase your session times, taking you each time closer to the desired tan you are looking to achieve.
Absolutely!! All of our memberships and sessions are useable at any location you desire. In fact, all of our locations are networked together, so just give your last name and your account will automatically be pulled up, regardless of what store you are at.
UV exposure from the tanning equipment can not affect any tissue below the surface layer of the skin. The main concern with pregnant women is the extra heat involved with tanning. For this reason, we do advise you consult with your medical doctor before continuing with any tanning regimen. Keep in mind we can freeze or hold your memberships or sessions until after the birth of your baby. We also recommend using the UV Free VersaPro if you are pregnant as there is no heat involved.
- Your kids are more than welcome to sit in the lobby and wait for you. They must be of an age that they are able to watch out for themselves. While our team will do their best to keep an eye on them, they are working so it cannot be the responsibility of them or of South Beach Tanning Company for the safety of your children. If your children are too young to sit quietly on their own, we would recommend bringing a friend along who can watch them.
- As for bringing your children in the room, the FDA strictly prohibits this. It is not good for the eyes of young children to be exposed to ultraviolet light.
There is no reason why you cannot wear your contact lenses while you tan. If you find the heat generated by the tanning bed is causing drying and discomfort, you may wish to remove them on your next visit.
Simple! Make sure we have an updated and correct mailing address for you in our computer system and make sure we have a valid email. We mail great specials periodically through-out the year and we send out email only coupons usually once a month. You don’t want to miss out on these great deals.
- At South Beach Tanning Company, cleanliness of our equipment and facility is our top priority. Each member of our South Beach team receives ongoing training and reviews as to our cleaning system. After every tanning session, the equipment is cleaned by a member of our team with only an FDA approved cleaning solution. This solution is the strongest cleaning solution on the market. The solution is tested periodically throughout the day to ensure its proper sanitizing properties are present. Further, we are regulated by the State Health Department and must follow their rigorous guidelines as it pertains to cleanliness.
- If at any time you feel there may be a problem with your bed, any member of our South Beach Team will be happy to go over our cleaning procedures with you and clean your bed again.
While we will gladly try to set you up on a program to see if we can develop a tan for you from use of the beds; however, in most cases, if you cannot achieve any kind of tan from the sun, it is unlikely you will be able to from the use of a tanning bed. If this is the case we would recommend the use of our UV-Free VersaPro.
- South Beach Tanning Company is currently offering qualified individuals the opportunity to expand with us and own an award winning, exciting salon that will be second to none in your area. The preliminary responses to the news of us offering franchises have been overwhelming, and with the interest being generated that we have already seen, we are now one of the top trending salon chains in the nation.
- South Beach Tanning Company is promising to deliver a streamlined, easy to use system that takes you from site selection, thru build-out and on to an exciting, upscale, and unique salon that you can call your own.
- If you would like to receive more information about owning your own South Beach, please click here to fill out an information request form. You can also browse our franchise information site to learn more about how we have clearly distinguished South Beach from the rest of the competition.
South Beach Experience!